Here are a few sample Pastoral Prayers. If you know of a good example of a Pastor Prayers, please share it at the bottom of this page.
Sample Pastoral Prayers
Below are several prayers for pastors to use as examples for praying with their congregation. They include prayers for guidance, healing, strength for our leaders, and overcoming life’s difficulties.
For God to Guide Us
God of light, we have heard your message, proclaimed of old, that in you there is no dark cloud at all;
nothing exists that can hide the light of your presence. Forgive us when we cling to the shadows, failing
to heed your call to wake up and join the work of your reign. Send us to do your deeds of mercy and peace:
to feed the hungry, shelter the homeless, touch the sick with your healing balm, console the sorrowing,
visit the prisoners, welcome the stranger.
Guide us in this time of shadows. Keep us from despair when we see that there is no peace in our cities
and no security in our places of higher learning. Lift our eyes toward you that we may see your face
shining on us and walk in your light. Comfort with your presence those who are living in the shadow
of grief, shattered by the loss of children, parents, spouses, friends, and colleagues. Give assurance
to all who are missing loved ones that the living and the dead are in your care, certain of being
joined again in the unbroken circle that will sing your praise forever. Amen
For Overcoming Life’s Difficulties
Our gracious and loving Heavenly Father, we come to you today in the name of Jesus.
It’s good to be able to come into your house and have this time to put aside the cares of life
and the busyness of living. We’re hurrying about, planning, preparing, fixing, organizing and
worrying about how everything is going to turn out.
Even while we’re here in church those thoughts
tend to drown out your voice and what you want to say to us. We DO want to hear from you because
we need to know again and anew today that you’re there and that you know us and where we are in our
walk with you.
For some here today this present moment is filled with disappointment or impairment or heartache
and their circumstances may be dreadful and filled with reasons for sadness or sorrow, they need
you and they need us and the comfort of being in fellowship with you and with each other.
We do receive uplift and encouragement from being here in your house. Help us to be sensitive
to the needs of our brothers and sisters and speak a word of encouragement or even give a sincere
smile or handshake. We do care about each other and we want to show it.
For Our Leaders
We pray for the leaders of our nation today and the many important and critical situations they face.
Give wisdom to our president and the cabinet members and the men and women in congress. We pray for our
military personnel stationed around the world and especially those in Iraq and Afghanistan. We know they
face dangers and the possibility of death day after day.
We pray for the defeat of the insurgents and the terrorists there and around the world that are plotting
evil and wicked schemes. Please give wisdom and unusual ability to those that are working to counter these
diabolical plans. We live in a dangerous and uncertain world, but we pray for your kingdom to come and your
will to be done on earth as it is in heaven.
We pray for our church and for all of our leaders as new plans and programs are finalized. We need your
guidance and your direction for us as a church. We want to be faithful to the sacred trust you’ve given to us.
It’s both a privilege and an awesome responsibility.
There are many among us today with special needs in their own lives and need your special
touch and reassurance right now. There are numerous physical problems and we don’t understand
why these things come in our lives and we’re tempted to question you and our faith is tested,
sometimes to the limit.
We pray that their faith will not fail during these days. Some have family and relationship problems, they need special grace to see them through. Bring healing and reconciliation to them
Bible Verses for Missions
Want to organize a mission for your church? Check out these Bible Verses for Missions
More Christian Essays
Prayer Request: Post Your Own "Pastoral Prayers"
If you'd like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don't use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn't want out on the web.
Don't post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests...
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Direction for our next step - I need prayer for some ministry decisions in our family life. My husband has decided to leave a church we served as family for 14… ...
- Urgent Prayer Needs for Special Help - I request a prayer for my fiance (husband-to-be)to be delivered from any evil addiction in his life especially with sexual lust. I also request a… ...
- Powerful Prayer - Almighty God, I come to you this morning on behalf of your people in the name of your Son Jesus Christ. You said in your… ...
- Prayer for Planting a church - Dear brethren please pray for pastors Daisy and Osmond We are planting another church in Primrose Johannesburg We need God's grace to be with us.… ...
- Prayer to get rid of cancer - Dear Jesus, You are the Great Physician. The Healing Balm in Gilead. You are my All in All. Lord, I commit my whole being to… ...
- GOD MAKE A WAY TO REACH THE 700 Club call center - GOD WE NEED FINANCIAL GUIDANCE, 2 MIRACLES RIGHT NOW I NEED $95 for tithe $160 to PAY ZENI AND $200 to pay Wifie Rza AND… ...
- GOD MAKE A WAY TO REACH THE 700 Club call center - GOD WE NEED FINANCIAL GUIDANCE, 2 MIRACLES RIGHT NOW I NEED $160 to PAY ZENI AND $200 to pay Wifie Rza AND $40, for right… ...
- Pray for a righteous Pope who lives righteously in the eyes of Christ. - Pray fervently and with fasting that Christ will put into power a Pope who is righteous in His eyes, and who leans not on his… ...
- Ministry growth,preservation,successful marriage for my self and sisters,appointment layers for sister and spouse - Oh that God would make my vision clearer and the growth of my ministry, that he'd bring helpers of destiny to help build the work,and… ...
- Pray for my ministry - Hello, Im Matheus Ratke. Im a missionary in Brazil, I would like a prayer for my life, my ministry, my future family (a future wife… ...
- Left Ministry, Feeling Called Back – Need Direction - Please pray, I left full-time ministry a year and a half ago and have wrestled with my calling, now I am clear that I am… ...
- Let God’s will be done over me - Lord take me to the rock that is higher than l. Lord let your right hand of righteousness rest on me as I launch out… ...
- Discourage - Please pray for my 2 daughters in prison in AZ. For protection. And that they will get early release. One has a little boy wating… ...
- Bringing People to God’s House - Our Pastors are dedicated to bringing more unsaved people into our Church to meet Christ to accept Christ and be filled with the Holy Spirit… ...
- Discord in my Church - Our church is goi g through some trials with most complaints against pur pastor , such as using the pulpit to publicly talk about someone… ...
- Pray for the Reverend Father Michael Canny today - On this Monday September 16th 2019 please offer your prayers for the Reverend Father Michael Canny, a Roman Catholic priest who serves in Derry City,… ...
- Prayer for My calling to start my church - I've been called to start and Pastor a church, I need immediate financial money to purchase the church. I'm unable to provide enough money to… ...
- Prayers for our pastors - Our pastors would tell us the truth about things and not just what we want to hear be truthful to the flock. Not only they… ...
- Happeness will never far away from you - Happeness will never far away from yoy Goodness will never far away from you Glory will never far away from you Good things will never… ...
- Guidance and biblical clarity - Our pastoral staff hired a female pastor for our other area church. I am struggling with it n needs prayer if we need to look… ...