Here we’ve collected the most beautiful prayer poems.
Prayers don’t need to be boring. Try writing your own poetic prayers and submit them below.
The Peace Prayer of Saint Francis
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is error, truth;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
It is in self-forgetting that we find;
And it is in dying to ourselves that we are born to eternal life.
A Wing And A Prayer
Under the wing of an angel, we feel protected
Through prayers to God, we feel connected.
Peace is said to be offered on the wings of a dove
Prayers can bring peace along with hope, faith, and love.
Wings of a jet plane provide steady flight
I pray you remain steady and strong through this fight.
Butterflies have wings to fly playfully free
And free from this monster is what I pray you’ll soon be.
Birds spread their wings as they may leave their nest
We’re spreading our prayers that you’ll always be Blessed
Go fight and win this battle you didn’t start
On the wings of an angel and prayers from my heart
These Inward Trials
I asked the Lord, that I might grow
In faith, and love, and every grace;
Might more of His salvation know,
And seek more earnestly His face.
T’was He who taught me thus to pray
and He I trust has answered prayer,
but it has been in such a way
it almost drove me to despair.
I hoped that in some favored hour
At once He’d answer my request,
and by His love’s constraining power
Subdue my sins, and give me rest.
Instead of this, He made me feel
the hidden evils of my heart;
And let the angry powers of hell
Assault my soul in every part.
Yea more, with His own hand He seemed
Intent to aggravate my woe;
Crossed all the fair designs I schemed,
Blasted my gourds, and laid me low.
‘Lord, why is this?’ I trembling cried,
‘Wilt thou pursue Thy worm to death?’
‘This in this way,’ the Lord replied,
‘I answer prayer for grace and faith.
These inward trials I employ
From self and pride to set thee free;
And break thy schemes of earthly joy,
That thou mayst seek thy all in Me.’
God has something wonderful for you.
Never forget that the Lord is with you
Keep believing that you can pull through
Trust in yourself that you can do whatever
even if you feel like fainting wherever.
All it takes is one push
And you’ll get there in rush
whatever waves that come your way
You’ll make it an other way.
Tell anyone close to you,
“hey, you can do it too!”
An Autumn Leaf
Yesterday, I was the mist of the waterfall
Tomorrow I will be a raindrop
Racing toward my destiny
I am the cloud
Floating amidst the mountain peaks
The hangman’s noose is empty
For I am life
I cannot be destroyed
The winds of adversity
Buffet and mould me
Yet I float free
I am freedom
The bird that flits happily
Among olive trees
I am the wind of the evergreen glades
I am boundless
Without secrets, without fear
I am love
The red ferns on mossy grass
I am Now
This hour, eternity
I know no beginning or end
I cannot be destroyed.
You’re going through a bad time
and you don’t feel like the sun can shine.
The Lord is with you
at the end of the tunnel, He is waiting for you.
You can do it and it’s okay
if you can’t believe it.
But yes, there is a pot of gold
at the end of the rainbow.
Out Of This Life
Out of this life I shall never take
Things of silver and gold I make.
All that I cherish and hoard away
After I leave, on earth must stay.
Though I have toiled for a painting rare
To hang on my wall, I must leave it there.
Though I call it mine and boast its worth,
I must give it up when I quit the earth.
All that I gather and all that I keep
I must leave behind when I fall asleep.
And I wonder often, just what I shall own
In that other life, when I pass alone.
What shall He find and what shall He see
In the soul that answers the call for me?
Shall the great Judge learn, when my task is through,
That my soul had gathered some riches, too?
Or shall at the last, it be mine to find,
That all I had worked for I’d left behind?
When you walk to the edge of all the light you have
and take that first step into the darkness of the unknown,
you must believe that one of two things will happen:
There will be something solid for you to stand upon,
or, you will be taught how to fly
Words Will Flow From You
Do not plan or plot
What you will say or do
On My behalf,
However well intended.
Do not even seek
To imitate what I
Might say or do
Live rather in the perfection
Of each present moment
As it unfolds for you,
And I will meet you there
In My eternal present,
To quicken and enliven
With My Spirit.
Words will flow from you,
Deeds so naturally,
To your sanctity.
I Love Myself Affirmation
Deep at the centre of my being,
there is an infinite well of love.
I now allow this love to flow to the surface.
It fills my heart, my body, my mind, my consciousness,
my very being, and radiates out from me in all directions
and returns to me mutliplied.
The more love I use and give, the more I have to give.
The supply is endless.
The use of love makes me feel good,
it is an expression of my inner joy.
I love myself;
therefore, I take loving care of my body.
I lovingly feed it nourishing foods and beverages,
I lovingly groom it and dress it, and my body lovingly
responds to me with vibrant health and energy.
I love myself; therefore provide for myself
a comfortable home, one that fills
all my needs and is a pleasure to be in.
I fill the rooms with the vibration of love
so that all who enter, myself included,
will feel this love and be nourished by it.
I love myself; therefore I work at a job I truly enjoy
doing, one that uses my creative talents and abilities,
working with and for people I love and who love me,
and earning a good income.
I love myself; therefore, I behave and think in a loving
way to all people for I know that that which I give out
returns to me multiplied.
I only attract loving people in my world,
for they are a mirror of what I am.
I love myself; therefore I forgive and totally release
the past and all past experiences and I am free.
I love myself; therefore I live totally in the now,
experiencing each moment as good and knowing that
my future is bright and joyous and secure,
for I am a beloved child of the Universe
and the Universe lovingly takes care of me
now and forever more.
And so it is.
Lord, on that old rugged cross of Calvary
You shed your blood and suffered agony.
You were mocked, scorned and spat upon,
By those who denied you were God’s own Son;
But the Father had a purpose, it’s plain to see –
You arose from the tomb with great victory.
You conquered death, hell and the grave,
For a sinner’s soul such as mine to save.
Then one day you called to me
To take up my cross and follow Thee.
That glorious day you cleansed my heart –
A brand new life you did impart.
I thank you, Lord, for redeeming me;
And if I had but one prayer, that prayer would be…
“Lord, keep me ever yielded to Thee”.
I love myself for all that I’ve done
even those things that I regret.
I love myself because the Lord
does too, with Him, I shall never forget.
I love myself because I love those
who need love even if they don’t need me.
I love myself because I am strong
even the strongest winds can’t put me down.
I love myself because I am me
no one else will ever be.
Don’t Wait Until Tomorrow
Do you long for the day my friend, when forever you will be
Side by side walking with your Lord in perfect harmony?
Do you long to sing His praise with angels from above?
To bask and rest in His embrace, surrounded by His love?
My precious friend, don’t wait until tomorrow to be blessed.
Reach out and touch His heart today and find sweet peace and rest.
Lay hold on faith, rest in your King, Then watch your desert bloom.
His roses will grow in your life today and shed their sweet perfume.
Donna Word Chappell
Wherever you go,
the Lord is with you.
so when the going gets tough,
He will move mountains
to help you and who is with you.
Don’t stop when you get on a rocky road
it’s just God’s way of telling you
He believes in you
and what you can do.
More Christian Poetry
- 12 Beautiful Christian Love Poems →
- The Best Christian Wedding Poems →
- The 15 Best Christian Funeral Poems →
- 17 Beautiful Poems About Jesus →
- The 13 Best Christian Poems for Kids →
Prayer Request: Post Your Own "15 Inspirational Prayer Poems"
If you'd like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don't use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn't want out on the web.
Don't post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests...
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Quiet Little Laugh - I laughed a quiet little laugh; O' Lord, that's not like me; For life is short and life is full, And as fast as life ...
- What To Ask - Lord, I don't know how to pray as I ought; My soul and my spirit inside me fought; To decide what it is that I ...
- It’s Not Too Late - It's not too late to be in the lightIt's not too late to seek His sightIt's not too late for he is your guide,He already ...
- Peace That Passes All Understanding - As a Christian you first come to the Lord for salvation Then after that point you begin the walk of sancification It's a process that ...
- Just This Christmas - Just This ChristmasJust this Christmas, let us rememberThe true meaning of the 25th of DecemberLet us put away all of the things that matter the ...
- About Joseph - JosephI'm not mentioned much in the Bible and that's fine with me I was very proud to have Mary in my life, you seeWe had ...
- The Holy Spirit I want to be filled - God I want so badly to be whole and free. I seek to do what YOU want of me. I will overcome once and for ...
- The silent Voice - There are some things that are essential for life, like air, food, water, sometimes clothing etc, but there are somethings that are the existence for ...
- Falling Into Uncertainty - Dear God,Im really disturbed,By the fact that one cannot be a sluggard,But we also cant be a workaholic,I fell into debt,I have fallen into idolatry,I ...
- Lord you’ve created in us the right spirit - What a flourishing flower you areThe glow in your face so beautiful by farRadiance gleams as if it's a rainbowAccents of beaming rays adorn your ...
- Repeated Sin Besets Me - Father God,My God,I am surely guilty,For I have sinned again,Abusing you, other people and my own flesh.Father God I continue to confess sins of masturbation ...
- Oh God, please restore the bigger me - I am more than that small thing I didAnd smarter than that dumb thing I said.I'm wiser than the bad choice I made,And stronger than ...
- A Prayer for My darling daughter - when I'm gone do not cry I am your mother who has gone above to see my Savior who has always had my love you ...
- Prayer to be More like Christ - Through the book of life we live Learning everyday to love and give Working harder to be like you,Jesus You've been through more the I ...
- I had a Dream - Last night I had a dream Lord help me understand, An angel stood at the foot of my bed with compassion in her hands. She ...
- Lord please fix my broken family - Lord please fix my broken family,I need you right now, I admit every sin I have committed and I know this life I have doesn't ...
- Prayer of Deliverance - Dear Lord,I am asking in all sincerity To rid me of these demons,I repent to you God,Show me the way out of perversion.God, I know ...
- As I walk in the light of day - As I walk in the light of dayI am often greeted along the way-By the wind ins in my face, by the birds that sing,and ...
- Awesome Father in Christ Jesus! - My Heavenly Father!I can't count the grain of the sand;Thou hast made countless creations from nothing.I can't even shed blood for my own cause;Thou hast ...
- Pain Be Gone, Gone With The Wind - Pain Be Gone, Gone With The WindThe tears I bottled,Left my heart full of sorrow,It is time for me to win. Pain Be Gone,Gone With ...
- Joy of Faith - Praise be to your Name, O Lord! There is no One like You my God!Many days Evil soughtto destroyed my Soul in Thoughts.Mine eyes have ...
- Thank you, Jesus so very much! - Jesus, you have always been with me.This I knew from a very early age.Through life thus far,I've teeter- tottered, back and forth with wrongThough Ive ...
- Depression a Disease - I woke up this morning and said I'm better.I sat up and put one foot on the floor and then felt sadder.I laid back down ...
- Prayer forever shine bright - sometimes you may feel lost and confused,or that nothing good ever comes to you.if you keep your faith then you shall see,the power of the ...
- O Lord I look to you for guidance and support at times of unfair hurt - O LordI look to you for guidance and support at times of unfair hurt That I may resume my confidence and healthYour wisdom assists May ...
- Prayer for The Last Goodbye - The world swirls into nothing,When I found you were long gone.It turn the memories into dreams,The dreams turned into reality.Maybe if I saw you one ...
- Oh What A Revelation - Oh what a revelation To be among a splendid creationOh what a revelationTo be kept by a power source of love...From the one and only ...
- Christ Love - Christ LoveHeart beats youngheart beats old,with a love of Christyour heart beats bold.Be ye richbe ye poor,with a love of Christyou'll have so much more.The ...
- Fill me Lord - In a room full of people I feel all alone.I feel invisible to them and myself.My thoughts and feelings are all consuming.I feel numb and ...
- Take Me With You - Amid strife, I pray to stay within my life,I don't want to fear the sting of death like a knife,Take me with you.Lord, I'm begging ...
- Open those gates of heaven Lord - Sacred heart of Jesus I trust in you;Sacred heart of the one above,Show me, show me all your love.For I close my eyes wide open ...
- I Praise You - (Diamond Bar, CA, USA ) Even today Lord,I praise you for saving me from pornography,Saving me from addiction,I praise you Even when it hurts the ...
- Brianna’s Bedtime Prayer - Lord, come hold our little hands,And teach us all of Your commands.Watch over us and hold us near,We know we're safe because You're here.Come protect ...
- Everything will be okay - No matter how dark your night might be, morning is yet to come and the Lord is with you and everything will be okay. Stop ...
- A Heart of for you - I have a heart for you when thoughts of you are apart of view I walk them through the art of two because you created ...
- My sister, my friend. I hold you dear to my heart - My sister, my friend. I hold you dear to my heart. Know that I love you and I wish you no pain. Your're stronger than ...
- Ask - The lord has your strengthYour peaceAnd your faithSo ask and you shall receiveAnd when the door is cracked push it openAnd you shall see the ...
- Prayer for My salvation - My Salvation is the Lord to whom I pray. my salvation is faith the faith I have in him .each and every single day .my ...
- When I forget, as I so often do, that You are El Elyon – God Most High - When I forget, as I so often do,that You are El Elyon - God Most High -do You heave a sigh and wonder whyYou let ...
- Lord, I have been crippled and unable to walk I Can’t Go On… - 2 Corinthians 12:99But he said to me,My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.Therefore I will boast all the ...
- Forgiveness is the key to being free from the past. - 'Forgive him' they said; to me'what?' I said;' really?'you don't know what he did to me! I don't need to knowjust forgive him and YOU ...
- When the strong are weak and no founders seek - When the strong are weak and no founders seek. No more breath in the treasury when Cesar has what is his the meek shall inherit ...
- A Prayer to My Parents - My sun is my parentsMy life is lit by themMy eyes are my parentsThis world is shown by them to meMy heart is my parentsMy ...