Here, we have a collection of some beautiful Native American prayers and blessings. Most Native American tribes were very spiritual, and there prayers emphasize a connection to the land and a universal oneness.
I Give You This One Thought
I give you this one thought to keep
I am with you still – I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not think of me as gone –
I am with you still – in each new dawn.
The Warm Winds
May the warm winds of heaven blow gently on your house, and may the great spirit bless all who enter.
May your moccasins make happy tracks in many snows, and may the rainbow always touch your shoulder.
Traditional Navajo Prayer
Now I walk in beauty,
beauty is before me,
beauty is behind me,
above and below me.
Great Spirit Prayer
“Oh, Great Spirit, whose voice I hear in the wind,
Whose breath gives life to all the world.
Hear me; I need your strength and wisdom.
Let me walk in beauty, and make my eyes ever
behold the red and purple sunset.
Make my hands respect the things you have
made and my ears sharp to hear your voice.
Make me wise so that I may understand
the things you have taught my people.
Help me to remain calm and strong in
the face of all that comes towards me.
Let me learn the lessons you have hidden
in every leaf and rock.
Help me seek pure thoughts and act
with the intention of helping others.
Help me find compassion without
empathy overwhelming me.
I seek strength, not to be greater than my brother,
but to fight my greatest enemy Myself.Make me always ready to come to you
with clean hands and straight eyes.
So when life fades, as the fading sunset,
my spirit may come to you without shame.
A Prayer for Healing
Mother, sing me a song
That will ease my pain,
Mend broken bones,
Bring wholeness again.
Catch my babies
When they are born,
Sing my death song,
Teach me how to mourn.
Show me the Medicine
Of the healing herbs,
The value of spirit,
The way I can serve.
Mother, heal my heart
So that I can see
The gifts of yours
That can live through me.
Sioux Indian Prayer
Hear me, four quarters of the world– a relative I am! Give me the strength to walk the soft earth. Give me the eyes to see and the strength to understand, that I may be like you. With your power only can I face the winds. Great Spirit…all over the earth the faces of living things are all alike. With tenderness have these come up out of the ground. Look upon these faces of children without number and with children in their arms, that they may face the winds and walk the good road to the day of quiet. This is my prayer’ hear me!
Native American Wedding Blessing
One of the most famous native American prayers is the Apache Wedding Blessing. It is a very popular prayer to be said at wedding receptions.
More Special Prayers
Prayer Request: Post Your Own "Native American Prayers and Blessings"
If you'd like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don't use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn't want out on the web.
Don't post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests...
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Prayer for the Native Americans n the First Nations ppl of Canada - My ppl are so deluded Satan. They are turning away from God massively. They are blinded by those who are teaching lies n error leading… ...
- Prayer for my family’s green cards - Dear brothers and sisters, my family have gone through the interview for being granted the green cards to be US residents. Please join me in… ...
- Prayers for our green cards to be issued soon - Dear brothers and sisters, My son and I had an interview for the green cards this afternoon, and while we are expecting the green cards… ...
- Protection - Prayer for this soldier who is out defending our country. He is a Proud, Native American with a kind soul who has been hurt in… ...
- Strength to carry on - Please pray for strength for Aunt Jennie as she has lost the love of her life, and has been left destitute. ...
- Help me worry less and calm my mind - Dear Lord, I'm trying to adapt my lifestyle into a healthy one, with You by my side. For the sake of my children who I’m… ...
- To let God be number in me - Walk in his path of life to make everyone smile. ...
- Jesus - Thank Jesus for watching over me blessing me with everything not what I want but for what I have to have.One day I just want… ...
- To have my own house - Our dear heavenly father, I kneel before you to thank you for love that you have given me. You have done much for me you… ...
- Financial blessing - I need a prayer for a financial blessings, stressing, depression n for myself, kids.. ...
- Support my mum - I ask for prayer for my mum. The past couple of years she has changed a lot. Things changed when my brother and father came… ...
- President - I would like to see a Native American become President and in the cabinet and Speaker of the house . ...
- Prayers for healing, body pain, weakness, restore feelings for positive thoughts - God grant me your acceptance, I am a sinner forgive me, and my children as a single parent I neglect them a lot, restore their… ...
- Prayer for my husband that can’t walk or talk - Lord I pray for my husband that was bleeding on his left side of his brain and now the bleeding stopped, Lord please restore his… ...
- Sell my house So I can move to be with grannie - I pray to my saints and my creator. Please help me sell my house. For I do not sell for my own gain. I need… ...
- My purpose - I am requesting prayer for strength and courage, to follow my calling, as i continue to have people, visions and dreams of starting ministry. GOD… ...
- Loneliness - Help with feeling g lonely. ...
- Protection for me and my family - Lord I ask that you watch over me and my family and that you place your suite of armor on my family to protect us… ...
- Holy Indian Warrior - I pray everyday to my Indian Ancestors and brave warriors to guide, protect and save me from the evil that is attacking me and suffering… ...
- Family member - Peace of mind for family member. ...