Here, we have a collection of some beautiful Native American prayers and blessings. Most Native American tribes were very spiritual, and there prayers emphasize a connection to the land and a universal oneness.
I Give You This One Thought
I give you this one thought to keep
I am with you still – I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not think of me as gone –
I am with you still – in each new dawn.
The Warm Winds
May the warm winds of heaven blow gently on your house, and may the great spirit bless all who enter.
May your moccasins make happy tracks in many snows, and may the rainbow always touch your shoulder.
Traditional Navajo Prayer
Now I walk in beauty,
beauty is before me,
beauty is behind me,
above and below me.
Great Spirit Prayer
“Oh, Great Spirit, whose voice I hear in the wind,
Whose breath gives life to all the world.
Hear me; I need your strength and wisdom.
Let me walk in beauty, and make my eyes ever
behold the red and purple sunset.
Make my hands respect the things you have
made and my ears sharp to hear your voice.
Make me wise so that I may understand
the things you have taught my people.
Help me to remain calm and strong in
the face of all that comes towards me.
Let me learn the lessons you have hidden
in every leaf and rock.
Help me seek pure thoughts and act
with the intention of helping others.
Help me find compassion without
empathy overwhelming me.
I seek strength, not to be greater than my brother,
but to fight my greatest enemy Myself.Make me always ready to come to you
with clean hands and straight eyes.
So when life fades, as the fading sunset,
my spirit may come to you without shame.
A Prayer for Healing
Mother, sing me a song
That will ease my pain,
Mend broken bones,
Bring wholeness again.
Catch my babies
When they are born,
Sing my death song,
Teach me how to mourn.
Show me the Medicine
Of the healing herbs,
The value of spirit,
The way I can serve.
Mother, heal my heart
So that I can see
The gifts of yours
That can live through me.
Sioux Indian Prayer
Hear me, four quarters of the world– a relative I am! Give me the strength to walk the soft earth. Give me the eyes to see and the strength to understand, that I may be like you. With your power only can I face the winds. Great Spirit…all over the earth the faces of living things are all alike. With tenderness have these come up out of the ground. Look upon these faces of children without number and with children in their arms, that they may face the winds and walk the good road to the day of quiet. This is my prayer’ hear me!
Native American Wedding Blessing
One of the most famous native American prayers is the Apache Wedding Blessing. It is a very popular prayer to be said at wedding receptions.
More Special Prayers
Prayer Request: Post Your Own "Native American Prayers and Blessings"
If you'd like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don't use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn't want out on the web.
Don't post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests...
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Financial blessing- I need a prayer for a financial blessings, stressing, depression n for myself, kids.. ...
- Support my mum- I ask for prayer for my mum. The past couple of years she has changed a lot. Things changed when my brother and father came… ...
- President- I would like to see a Native American become President and in the cabinet and Speaker of the house . ...
- Prayers for healing, body pain, weakness, restore feelings for positive thoughts- God grant me your acceptance, I am a sinner forgive me, and my children as a single parent I neglect them a lot, restore their… ...
- Prayer for my husband that can’t walk or talk- Lord I pray for my husband that was bleeding on his left side of his brain and now the bleeding stopped, Lord please restore his… ...
- Sell my house So I can move to be with grannie- I pray to my saints and my creator. Please help me sell my house. For I do not sell for my own gain. I need… ...
- My purpose- I am requesting prayer for strength and courage, to follow my calling, as i continue to have people, visions and dreams of starting ministry. GOD… ...
- Loneliness- Help with feeling g lonely. ...
- Protection for me and my family- Lord I ask that you watch over me and my family and that you place your suite of armor on my family to protect us… ...
- Holy Indian Warrior- I pray everyday to my Indian Ancestors and brave warriors to guide, protect and save me from the evil that is attacking me and suffering… ...
- Family member- Peace of mind for family member. ...
- Prayers for my relatives- Prayer request for my sister Latoya, cousin Laticia, grandma Aldene. They are all battling cancer. My sister Latoya just called me crying. She has had… ...
- Prayer for Meeting Responsibilities…- Dear Heavenly Father,Praise and Glory to you kingdom. You are with me always, listening to my every thought. You know my fears for my children.… ...
- The river is flowing- The river is flowing, Flowing and growing,The river is flowing,Back to the sea.Mother earth carry me,Your child I will always be,Mother earth carry me,Back to… ...
- Bless the Holy Spirit and the great earth- Bless the Holy Spirit and the great earth for giving me a new man to love. May we sleep together and work with each other… ...
- Prayer – We Are the Ones We’ve Been Waiting For- You have been telling the people that this is the Eleventh Hour.Now you must go back and tell the people that this is The Hour.And… ...