From the rehearsal dinner, to the reception, finding the right wedding prayers can be stressful. Here is a collection of popular wedding blessings to help you come up with the right words for this special occasion.
There is nothing more beautiful than when two people are joined together in holy matrimony. Youll want to commemorate the occasion with the perfect wedding prayers.
The best blessing will call attention to the new couple and ask for their love and relationship to be protected and grow stronger in the years ahead.
For Healing and Renewal
May your home be filled with laughter
and the warm embrace of a summer day.
May you find peacefulness and beauty,
challenge, and satisfaction, humor and insight,
healing and renewal, love and wisdom, as in a quiet heart.
May you always feel that what you have is enough.
The following wedding prayers are from the book The Prophet. They are two of the more beautiful wedding blessings I have ever read. They may suit your needs.
You Were Born Together
You were born together, and together you shall be forevermore.
You shall be together when the white wings of death scatter your days.
Aye, you shall be together even in the silent memory of God.
But let there be spaces in your togetherness,
And let the winds of the heavens dance between you.
Love one another but make not a bond of love:
Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.
Fill each other’s cup but drink not from one cup.
Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf.
Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each of you be alone,
Even as the strings of the lute are alone though they quiver
with the same music.
Give your hearts, but not into each other’s keeping.
For only the hands of Life can contain your hearts.
And stand together, yet not too near together:
For the pillars of the temple stand apart,
And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other’s shadow.
Love Has No Other Desire
Love has no other desire but to fulfil itself.
But if you love and must needs have desires,
let these be your desires:
To melt and be like a running brook
that sings its melody to the night.
To know the pain of too much tenderness.
To be wounded by your own understanding of love;
And to bleed willingly and joyfully.
To wake at dawn with a winged heart
and give thanks for another day of loving;
To rest at the noon hour and meditate Love’s ecstasy;
To return home at eventide with gratitude;
And then to sleep with a prayer for the beloved
in your heart and a song of praise upon your lips.
Love is Patient, Love is Blind
A popular wedding dinner prayer is Love is Blind. This poem describes in detail what love is, and what love isnt. It ends by saying, And now these three remain: Faith, Love, and Hope. But the greatest of these is Love.
Indeed. The same qualities that make a happy marriage, are the same qualities that make a healthy relationship with God.
Love is Patient
“Love is Patient
Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast,
it is not proud. It is not rude,
it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil
but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts,
always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.
And now these three remain:
faith, hope and love.
But the greatest of these is love”
[I Corinthians 13:4-8, 13]
This prayer is based off a popular bible verse. Read more Bible Verses about Love.
The Strength of Two
Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their work:
If one falls down, his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!
Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?
Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
A Rhyming Wedding Dinner Prayer
What is a vow,
but an intention
spoken out before the world
so that the world, in hearing,
might take part
of the willing heart?
In our coming here today
to join and bless
the joy of your becoming wed,
may we enter in
the truth of the words you’ve said,
Maureen Tolman Flannery
Scripture For Wedding Readings
Click here to read more Wedding Bible Verses
Prayer Request: Post Your Own "Wedding Prayers and Blessings"
If you'd like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don't use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn't want out on the web.
Don't post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests...
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Prayer for my family- Prayer for my fiyancy's government job he was trying and plz pray for our marriage and also for his relationship with god ...
- Mortgage and Nclex examination- Heavenly Father I thank you, my merciful God! You are the one that makes the impossibilities possible! Please, father, grant me my home and finally… ...
- Thanks giving- Father in heaven, I acknowledge that because of your presence in my wedding, the ceremony Was successful. Thank you so much father for attending this… ...
- Marital breakthrough and financial breakthrough and peace of mind.- I want you to help me in prayer for God to bless me with a God fearing man who respects women and financially stable to… ...
- Life partner- I want u to join me in prayer on recognizing my life partner I don't want my marriage to pass this year. And if it… ...
- Daughter’s Marriage- Please pray that God should bring the right person for my daughter to get married before June 2019. ...
- For a good husband- I pray to god to get a good husband in my life. I have been searching for a groom but I am not getting a perfect… ...
- Good Weather- I pray for sunshine tomorrow - we are having friends and family together for an engagement party and have all been through so much. ...
- Martial settlement- Am praying for the Good Lord to help me locate my missing rib, through the intercession of St Jude. ...
- Prays for my wedding- I am getting married December 8th, please pray for revival at my wedding and for mine (Jason) and my wife's (Crystal) love and live's to… ...
- God to bring my own husband before the year end- God please bring my own husband before the year end and if it is Philip, make him take a step for marriage and make my… ...
- Prayer for financial favour ahead of my wedding- I'm a lady and my wedding is less than a week away yet we haven't paid for any services we have booked. My prayer is… ...
- Prayer against misunderstanding/quarreling in my Courtship- I will be getting married in April 2019, but recently I have been witnessing misunderstanding and quarreling in my relationship, I want God to show… ...
- Marriage prayer- Praying for our marriage life of my huband David.that we always put God is the center of our relationship.May God reveal our purpose together for… ...
- Marriage- Please, pray for me as i am about to get married and start a family of my own ,that God should give Me and My… ...
- Prayer to Marry Well- Oh my God, whatever day of the week the wedding is, let it happen on a good day. Whatever month of the year the wedding… ...
- Love in the new journey- I request prayers for me and my partner as we embark on this new level of our lives. we plan to get married next year… ...
- Want a Good paying job, Holy marriage, portion of land Independence,peace, life and love- I pray that the loving father enables me to find a good paying job , i want this year to get the holy marriage ,… ...
- Success and good health and my future husband- Success, good health,to have children and my future husband. ...
- Breakthrough- Lord I come to you to today to restore my life to the humble peaceful types emit was . So much has changed . You… ...