From the rehearsal dinner, to the reception, finding the right wedding prayers can be stressful. Here is a collection of popular wedding blessings to help you come up with the right words for this special occasion.
There is nothing more beautiful than when two people are joined together in holy matrimony. Youll want to commemorate the occasion with the perfect wedding prayers.
The best blessing will call attention to the new couple and ask for their love and relationship to be protected and grow stronger in the years ahead.
For Healing and Renewal
May your home be filled with laughter
and the warm embrace of a summer day.
May you find peacefulness and beauty,
challenge, and satisfaction, humor and insight,
healing and renewal, love and wisdom, as in a quiet heart.
May you always feel that what you have is enough.
The following wedding prayers are from the book The Prophet. They are two of the more beautiful wedding blessings I have ever read. They may suit your needs.
You Were Born Together
You were born together, and together you shall be forevermore.
You shall be together when the white wings of death scatter your days.
Aye, you shall be together even in the silent memory of God.
But let there be spaces in your togetherness,
And let the winds of the heavens dance between you.
Love one another but make not a bond of love:
Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.
Fill each other’s cup but drink not from one cup.
Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf.
Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each of you be alone,
Even as the strings of the lute are alone though they quiver
with the same music.
Give your hearts, but not into each other’s keeping.
For only the hands of Life can contain your hearts.
And stand together, yet not too near together:
For the pillars of the temple stand apart,
And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other’s shadow.
Love Has No Other Desire
Love has no other desire but to fulfil itself.
But if you love and must needs have desires,
let these be your desires:
To melt and be like a running brook
that sings its melody to the night.
To know the pain of too much tenderness.
To be wounded by your own understanding of love;
And to bleed willingly and joyfully.
To wake at dawn with a winged heart
and give thanks for another day of loving;
To rest at the noon hour and meditate Love’s ecstasy;
To return home at eventide with gratitude;
And then to sleep with a prayer for the beloved
in your heart and a song of praise upon your lips.
Love is Patient, Love is Blind
A popular wedding dinner prayer is Love is Blind. This poem describes in detail what love is, and what love isnt. It ends by saying, And now these three remain: Faith, Love, and Hope. But the greatest of these is Love.
Indeed. The same qualities that make a happy marriage, are the same qualities that make a healthy relationship with God.
Love is Patient
“Love is Patient
Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast,
it is not proud. It is not rude,
it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil
but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts,
always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.
And now these three remain:
faith, hope and love.
But the greatest of these is love”
[I Corinthians 13:4-8, 13]
This prayer is based off a popular bible verse. Read more Bible Verses about Love.
The Strength of Two
Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their work:
If one falls down, his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!
Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?
Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
A Rhyming Wedding Dinner Prayer
What is a vow,
but an intention
spoken out before the world
so that the world, in hearing,
might take part
of the willing heart?
In our coming here today
to join and bless
the joy of your becoming wed,
may we enter in
the truth of the words you’ve said,
Maureen Tolman Flannery
Scripture For Wedding Readings
Click here to read more Wedding Bible Verses
Prayer Request: Post Your Own "Wedding Prayers and Blessings"
If you'd like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don't use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn't want out on the web.
Don't post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests...
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Marriage Alliance - praise the lord pastor iam manoj pray for my marriage Alliance and sister marriage alliance and also family health and financial problem and pray for… ...
- Marriage - I want to get married to the man in my life this year and live happily ever after with good health, long life, kids, money… ...
- Victory - From contract staff to a full staff in my present job And my wedding this year be a success In Jesus name ...
- Restore my relationship and good health - I want GOD ALMIGHTY who is THE I AM THAT I AM to restore back my relationship and change my genotype to AA and I… ...
- My present love - I would like prayer for my current relationship, i believe pak is the one i want to marry,,i asked that he really sees my worth… ...
- Walking in Devine blessings - Dear father,I need your help to walk into my Devine blessings that you have ordained for me from the beginning of time,you said that man… ...
- For elder sister Esther - Praise the lord My elder sis Esther is not well. She has convinced everyone to get married.she does not talk to anyone at home and… ...
- +27780171131 GET RICH, HOW 2 JOIN ILLUMINATI SOCIETY IN UGANDA - +27780171131 GET RICH, HOW 2 JOIN ILLUMINATI SOCIETY IN UGANDA NOW, FOR MONEY,FAME AND POWER in Singapore, join Illuminati in Gabon +27780171131, Join Illuminati in… ...
- Getting married - I'm with a godly man and we want to be together I'm in recovery and leaving soon and I need prayers to live god will… ...
- Prayer so that my love will marry me - I wish to submit my petition at the Holy Feet of Mother Mary and Jesus Christ; that I get married to the woman I love.… ...
- ❤️ Love - I pray that I have a God Fearing man in my life. A man the is a lifelong companion and can stand on his own… ...
- Divine settlement of marriage - Almighty God king of glory thank you for a wonderful day like this forgive me my sins and bless me with my own life partner… ...
- marriage - my marriage is fixed on august. A restoring prayer for love, peace, and harmony to be restored in our relationship. Pray for intimacy to improve… ...
- Pray for love marriage - God bless me and my love Sonu we love each other from 12 year we want to marriage each other but due to our family… ...
- Prayer - Dear god please give us unity, happiness, wealth, peace, prosperity, friendship among our family members.Holy God please make my brother's engagement soon.Heavenly father please give… ...
- Prayer - Dear god please givee peace of mind, happiness, wealth,prost, justice, fortune life, wisdom, knowledge, courage, countless exciting incidents,outer beauty,inner beauty, tenderness, affection, delight,love, care.Holy father… ...
- Prayer - Dear Lord Jesus Christ please give us peace of mind, miracles, happiness, wealth, prosperity, justice, fortune life, wisdom, knowledge, courage, countless exciting incidents,outer beauty,inner beauty,… ...
- I WANT THE BLESSING OF GOD IN MY LIFE - I want God to let my marriage come to pass before the end of June I want God to bless my husband this year and… ...
- Prayer - Dear Lord Jesus Christ please give us peace of mind, delight, happiness, wealth, prosperity, justice, fortune life, wisdom, knowledge, courage, countless exciting incidents.Holy father please… ...
- Complete salvation, wife, documents. - 1) For so long, I have dwelt in sin, my repentance has never been suitable since I claimed I have repented. I need God's grace… ...