From the rehearsal dinner, to the reception, finding the right wedding prayers can be stressful. Here is a collection of popular wedding blessings to help you come up with the right words for this special occasion.
There is nothing more beautiful than when two people are joined together in holy matrimony. Youll want to commemorate the occasion with the perfect wedding prayers.
The best blessing will call attention to the new couple and ask for their love and relationship to be protected and grow stronger in the years ahead.
For Healing and Renewal
May your home be filled with laughter
and the warm embrace of a summer day.
May you find peacefulness and beauty,
challenge, and satisfaction, humor and insight,
healing and renewal, love and wisdom, as in a quiet heart.
May you always feel that what you have is enough.
The following wedding prayers are from the book The Prophet. They are two of the more beautiful wedding blessings I have ever read. They may suit your needs.
You Were Born Together
You were born together, and together you shall be forevermore.
You shall be together when the white wings of death scatter your days.
Aye, you shall be together even in the silent memory of God.
But let there be spaces in your togetherness,
And let the winds of the heavens dance between you.
Love one another but make not a bond of love:
Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.
Fill each other’s cup but drink not from one cup.
Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf.
Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each of you be alone,
Even as the strings of the lute are alone though they quiver
with the same music.
Give your hearts, but not into each other’s keeping.
For only the hands of Life can contain your hearts.
And stand together, yet not too near together:
For the pillars of the temple stand apart,
And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other’s shadow.
Love Has No Other Desire
Love has no other desire but to fulfil itself.
But if you love and must needs have desires,
let these be your desires:
To melt and be like a running brook
that sings its melody to the night.
To know the pain of too much tenderness.
To be wounded by your own understanding of love;
And to bleed willingly and joyfully.
To wake at dawn with a winged heart
and give thanks for another day of loving;
To rest at the noon hour and meditate Love’s ecstasy;
To return home at eventide with gratitude;
And then to sleep with a prayer for the beloved
in your heart and a song of praise upon your lips.
Love is Patient, Love is Blind
A popular wedding dinner prayer is Love is Blind. This poem describes in detail what love is, and what love isnt. It ends by saying, And now these three remain: Faith, Love, and Hope. But the greatest of these is Love.
Indeed. The same qualities that make a happy marriage, are the same qualities that make a healthy relationship with God.
Love is Patient
“Love is Patient
Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast,
it is not proud. It is not rude,
it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil
but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts,
always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.
And now these three remain:
faith, hope and love.
But the greatest of these is love”
[I Corinthians 13:4-8, 13]
This prayer is based off a popular bible verse. Read more Bible Verses about Love.
The Strength of Two
Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their work:
If one falls down, his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!
Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?
Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
A Rhyming Wedding Dinner Prayer
What is a vow,
but an intention
spoken out before the world
so that the world, in hearing,
might take part
of the willing heart?
In our coming here today
to join and bless
the joy of your becoming wed,
may we enter in
the truth of the words you’ve said,
Maureen Tolman Flannery
Scripture For Wedding Readings
Click here to read more Wedding Bible Verses
Prayer Request: Post Your Own "Wedding Prayers and Blessings"
If you'd like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don't use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn't want out on the web.
Don't post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests...
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Daughter’s wedding - Dear God i pray that my daughter could find an alternative church and venue for her wedding as all is set to be held in… ...
- marital blessings - I want God to grant my heart desires,especially for marital blessings.the day will surely come success fully and peacefully without any hindrance and God should… ...
- Please Bring Us Back Together Again - Please truly pray that the love of my life (Walter) and I still work everything out and become a couple with one another again. Two… ...
- relationship and job requast - i pray for my relationship,i pray that my boyfriend takes us seriously and his feelings for me dont change,i pray that he fullfills his promises… ...
- God’s favour, vengeance and guidance - Please pray for me and my darling Jael(for our couple our marriage) let God be our solid Rock our solid foundation and the holy ghost… ...
- Lord I want to get married in 2020 - My heavenly father anything stopping me not to get married causing confusion in my relationship distance people that love me from me any strong man… ...
- Transition - I am planning to marry my girlfriend. Pray that God will provide for my engagement ring. Pray that God will provide the financial need for… ...
- Cold feet and an ex - Dear father, I come to you to ask that you please help strengthen our love and relationship as we have stepped back from our wedding… ...
- God’s promises - Praying for the smooth flow of things on our wedding and for the finances to be adequate and sufficient in the name of Jesus. ...
- Urgent Financial need. Have to repay to my fiance dad - Please pray for miracle to happen. Need to arrange 1crore of amount in two days and give back to my fiance house, my mom made… ...
- daughter’s wedding - Please pray for my daughter's wedding on Friday 22 November 2019 at 4.00pm. Pray that the Lord will release heavenly reinforcement to stand guard. That… ...
- MARIAGE - Pray for me RASOAMANARIVO FARA JEMIMA that I be released, delivered totally from the spirit of celibacy prolonged and chronic and that I will get… ...
- needs - Pray God gives me revelation into who my wife is and to her about me. Pray God makes this marriage happen within the next 6… ...
- General Prayer - Prayer Request for Bro John A. I. 1. Marital Settlement - December 14th, 2019. 2. Complete change of Genotype from 'AS' to 'AA' 3. Accommodation… ...
- Prayer to melt her heart to accept me - Dear Brothers and Sisters, I need your prayers for this need of mine, without which I can't breathe, live happy. Lord, please bring Priyanka into… ...
- A new home - Dear heavenly father I pray for a financial blessings for my fiancee to marry me and that we shall fine a home together in the… ...
- Please Pray We Get Back Together and Still Get Married - Today is the day I was supposed to marry the absolute love of my life. We had the most beautiful relationship you could ever hope… ...
- Prayer for Marriage - Meeting and Marrying A Good Looking Godly Man That Loves Me with a job Wealthy and A House and A Car and My License Renewed… ...
- Financial miracle - I have made necessary arrangements for wedding but I'm cash trap. I need God intervention now like never before. God should send an angel to… ...
- Baby - May me and my husband to be to grow good fruit in Jesus name and to have a healthy and wealthy peaceful marriage in Jesus… ...