From the rehearsal dinner, to the reception, finding the right wedding prayers can be stressful. Here is a collection of popular wedding blessings to help you come up with the right words for this special occasion.
There is nothing more beautiful than when two people are joined together in holy matrimony. Youll want to commemorate the occasion with the perfect wedding prayers.
The best blessing will call attention to the new couple and ask for their love and relationship to be protected and grow stronger in the years ahead.
For Healing and Renewal
May your home be filled with laughter
and the warm embrace of a summer day.
May you find peacefulness and beauty,
challenge, and satisfaction, humor and insight,
healing and renewal, love and wisdom, as in a quiet heart.
May you always feel that what you have is enough.
The following wedding prayers are from the book The Prophet. They are two of the more beautiful wedding blessings I have ever read. They may suit your needs.
You Were Born Together
You were born together, and together you shall be forevermore.
You shall be together when the white wings of death scatter your days.
Aye, you shall be together even in the silent memory of God.
But let there be spaces in your togetherness,
And let the winds of the heavens dance between you.
Love one another but make not a bond of love:
Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.
Fill each other’s cup but drink not from one cup.
Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf.
Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each of you be alone,
Even as the strings of the lute are alone though they quiver
with the same music.
Give your hearts, but not into each other’s keeping.
For only the hands of Life can contain your hearts.
And stand together, yet not too near together:
For the pillars of the temple stand apart,
And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other’s shadow.
Love Has No Other Desire
Love has no other desire but to fulfil itself.
But if you love and must needs have desires,
let these be your desires:
To melt and be like a running brook
that sings its melody to the night.
To know the pain of too much tenderness.
To be wounded by your own understanding of love;
And to bleed willingly and joyfully.
To wake at dawn with a winged heart
and give thanks for another day of loving;
To rest at the noon hour and meditate Love’s ecstasy;
To return home at eventide with gratitude;
And then to sleep with a prayer for the beloved
in your heart and a song of praise upon your lips.
Love is Patient, Love is Blind
A popular wedding dinner prayer is Love is Blind. This poem describes in detail what love is, and what love isnt. It ends by saying, And now these three remain: Faith, Love, and Hope. But the greatest of these is Love.
Indeed. The same qualities that make a happy marriage, are the same qualities that make a healthy relationship with God.
Love is Patient
“Love is Patient
Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast,
it is not proud. It is not rude,
it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil
but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts,
always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.
And now these three remain:
faith, hope and love.
But the greatest of these is love”
[I Corinthians 13:4-8, 13]
This prayer is based off a popular bible verse. Read more Bible Verses about Love.
The Strength of Two
Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their work:
If one falls down, his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!
Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?
Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
A Rhyming Wedding Dinner Prayer
What is a vow,
but an intention
spoken out before the world
so that the world, in hearing,
might take part
of the willing heart?
In our coming here today
to join and bless
the joy of your becoming wed,
may we enter in
the truth of the words you’ve said,
Maureen Tolman Flannery
Scripture For Wedding Readings
Click here to read more Wedding Bible Verses
Prayer Request: Post Your Own "Wedding Prayers and Blessings"
If you'd like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don't use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn't want out on the web.
Don't post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests...
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Broken Engagemnet - Please pray for our Broken engagement. I believe impossible is nothing for God. Restore our relationship till our wedding.
- Financial Liberation - Lord , enlarge my financial status so DAT I can meet all my financial needs and guards my ways in eveeything i do. In Jesus ...
- A car, spouse and baby - Am praying and trusting God for a car, a Honda Fit, also a spouse and a baby
- relationship problem - Please pray for me that my lover returns to me as he is reluctant to marry due to financial problems.And hence he is purposefully avoiding ...
- marriage and protection - heaveanly father. you the lord that has never forsaken me, and even today m deeply hurt so many times and always date wrong guys . ...
- Wedding Meal Prayer - God our Father, & Lord of all Creation:We gather here now to celebrate the love and commitment of (bride) & (groom), as they share their ...
- The Best Irish Wedding Blessing - "May the road rise to meet you..." is probably the quintessential Irish wedding blessing. Life is a journey, and a wedding is the start of ...
- A Wedding Dinner Prayer - A Wedding Dinner PrayerBy " Father Dan WentzloffLord we thank you for our family gathered here today in celebration of this marriage and the love ...
- Lord locate my life partner. - Lord, You said that it is not good for us to be alone. You made us for each other. But Lord, I find it so ...
- Prayer for the Resotration of My Marriage - Dear Heavenly Father,please help me right now. I am so hurt my marriage is falling apart. my husband has been talking to a co worker ...
- God locate me with a life partner - Lord, You said that it is not good for us to be alone. You made us for each other. But Lord, I find it so ...
- Wedding Prayer: “ALL BECAUSE OF LOVE” - Father, I am truly blessed with my lifetime partner (my husband), which you led into my path. Being submissive isn't a challenge but is a ...
- Scottish Wedding Blessing - Scottish weddings are steeped in tradition. A traditional Scottish wedding blessing can be fun to say even at a modern Scottish ceremony. Though there are ...
- The Apache Wedding Blessing - The Apache wedding blessing is one of the most popular wedding prayers for modern weddings. It is nondenominational, and became popular after appearing in the ...
- Prayer for salvation and strength - What fertility means to me it means to you?spiritual poetry my salvation and strength.heal me from the inside out, deal with me as I go ...
- I need I want prayer - What fertility means to me it means to you?spiritual poetry my salvation and strength.heal me from the negative to the posotive., deal with me as ...
- l need a football contract to do my wedding - My name is Katsekpor, Everywhere i go shame and disgrace, hated. Football coach dont really like me and i can sing a football contract too, ...